Michael is a registered patent attorney with nearly a decade of experience in preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications, patent portfolio management, patent mining and inventor training, opinion work, and general intellectual property counseling.
Prior to his legal career, Michael established a broad technical background through hands-on experience in plant production automation systems, nuclear engineering, and safety engineering. He is also a veteran of the U.S. Marine Corps, having served in various command and staff billets in the intelligence and civil affairs fields.
Outside of work, Michael enjoys spending time with his family, running, and developing his home renovation skills.
- Power generation, conversion, and delivery
- Silicon photonics
- Display panel technologies
- Touch and force sensing
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Wireless networking
- Sensor-based systems including wearables and IoT
- Medical systems and devices
- Aerospace systems
- Microprocessor design and fabrication
- Cloud computing technologies
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- University of Alabama School of Law, 2011
Undergraduate / Graduate Education:
- B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, magna cum laude; Rowan University, 2004