Laura Majerus is Of Counsel and a registered US patent attorney with 30+ years of experience. Her practice focuses on counseling in connection with Intellectual Property of large and small companies, including start-ups. She provides a broad range of patent-related services including managing patent portfolio development (drafting and prosecuting patent applications), conducting offensive and defensive patent reviews, and rendering opinions on third party patents. Laura also has experience in providing patent litigation support.
Prior to joining Nicholson De Vos, Laura served as a partner in large bay area law firms and was an in-house attorney for a multinational tech company. Prior to her law career, she worked as a software engineer at Rockwell International.
Laura spends her recreational time reading, volunteering with the Master Gardeners program, gardening, and keeping bees.
- Video technology, including encoding, decoding, and SEPs
- Search technology
- Routing protocols
- Network management
- Databases, including object oriented designs
- Web applications
- Mobile device games
- Processors (including general purpose, network, and security)
- Real-time hardware, such as consumer monitoring devices
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Washington, D.C.
- J.D., The University of Iowa
Undergraduate / Graduate Education:
- B.S., Computer Science, The University of Iowa
- M.S., Computer Science, The University of Iowa