Judith Szepesi is a registered patent attorney who provides a wide range of intellectual property services including preparation and prosecution of domestic and foreign patent applications, design of patent programs, review and evaluation of patent portfolios, negotiation and preparation of licenses, due diligence, open source licensing compliance and policy design, trademarks, and other IP transactions.
Her goal is to help clients get the best value for their money and establish a useful and cohesive IP portfolio that aligns with their business goals. To do this, she delves deeply into each of our clients’ industries and business goals, and uses that foundation to create practical solutions for our clients. Her electrical engineering background and years of experience ensure that she can assist clients in identifying and protecting their intellectual property.
Outside of work, Judith enjoys travel, reading science fiction and science fact, and volunteering, including being on the Board of the non-profit Science is Elementary and a volunteer attorney for Santa Clara University School of Law’s Bronco Entrepreneurs Advisory Clinic Hours (BEACH). Judith is also a volunteer fee arbitrator with the California Bar and the Santa Clara County Bar, and on the Fee Arbitration Committee for Santa Clara County.
- Sensor-based systems including sleep analysis, wearable technology, and IoT
- Optics and VR/AR display technology
- Mobile device applications
- Communication and network systems
- Storage systems
- Listed in 2022 edition of IAM 300 Global Leaders Guide
- IP Stars-Top 250 Women in IP (2014-2018)
- IP Stars (2015- 2023)
- IAM Patent 1000 – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners (2015-2023)
- IAM Patent Strategy 300 (2019-2021)
- Top Patent Prosecutors by Patent Buddy
- Northern California Super Lawyer (2018-2023)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Juris Doctor; Santa Clara University School of Law
Undergraduate / Graduate Education:
- B.S., Electrical Engineering; Santa Clara University