Jonathan is a registered patent attorney with nearly two decades of experience in patent law. In that time, he has handled nearly every aspect of the patent procurement process. He draws on this extensive knowledge and experience to provide comprehensive and efficient service to his clients. Jonathan represents technology companies of all sizes, from major corporations to ambitious startups, helping them manage their patent portfolios and identify new technologies that need patent protection.
Developing and managing a patent portfolio requires knowledge of both the technologies involved in the patents and the client’s short- and long-term business objectives. Jonathan helps companies define their goals, procure and prioritize their patents, and position those patents to protect the company’s position in the marketplace. He has extensive experience with standards-driven technologies, such as telecommunications technologies, which require extra care in order to maximize the value of a patent portfolio with an eye toward the future evolutions of the standards and knowledge of the standards processes.
Jonathan takes pride in seeing that his clients get the protection they are seeking, and he enjoys helping inventors implement their business strategies and achieve their goals. He is also a proud father and an avid runner. Racing is a side industry for Jonathan, and he has participated in numerous half-marathons, marathons and other events.
- Enterprise software
- Medical devices
- Telecommunications protocols and devices
- Integrated circuit design
- Operating systems
- Audio/video processing and streaming technologies
- Consumer electronics
- Flat panel display technologies
- Toy manufacture and related products
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Indiana University School of Law – Bloomington
Undergraduate / Graduate Education:
- M.S., Computer Science; Indiana University – Bloomington
- B.A., Political Science, Near Eastern Languages and Cultures; Indiana University – Bloomington